United Way of McPherson County will host Triathlon 2014 on Saturday, August 16. Event distances included a 200-meter swim, 7-mile bike ride and 2-mile run. Cost is $45 per individual or $75 per 3-person relay team.Registration is limited to 225 competitors.
Triathlon 2014 is funded in part by a grant from the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau; corporate sponsorships provided by Farmers Alliance, Hospira, NCRA and NuStar Energy; and business sponsorship provided by Wallace Chevrolet.
2013 results can be found at http://ozendurance.net/race-results/mcpherson-triathlon/
IMPORTANT! Electronic registrations are processed manually. Thus, you will NOT receive
immediate confirmation when you submit your registration form. You will receive confirmation
once the information is reviewed by a staff member. Thank you for your understanding.
bike ride and run are on live city streets with protected
intersections. Participants will be staged in heats based on 200-meter
swim time. Please be as accurate as possible when reporting times. Age
groups will be determined based on number of registrations. Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each division. The first place team will also receive recognition.
• Bikers must wear an approved helmet during the bike portion of the
• No headphones will be permitted during the race.
• Bikes must have
• No drafting will be permitted during the bike portion of
• All events will begin and end at the McPherson Water Park, 511 N. Lakeside Drive.
• The 200-meter swim includes a serpentine swim in the McPherson Water Park pool.
• Bikers will follow a 7-mile route on live streets starting east on Euclid, North on Maxwell, east on Northview until 17th Avenue and then retrace back through west Lakeside Drive.
• Runners will follow a 2-mile route on live streets starting west on Simpson, south on Hartup, east on Euclid, north on Charles, east on Simpson, north on Eshelman, west on Sharp and then loop southwest through west Lakeside Drive.
• Click here to upload map of race courses.