United Way of McPherson County hosted Triathlon 2013 on Saturday, August 17. Event distances included a 200-meter swim, 7-mile bike ride and 2-mile run. 190 registrants enjoyed a fun-fill morning complete with sunshine and cool temperatures. Special thanks to the 75-plus community volunteers who assisted with the event.
Triathlon 2013 was funded in part by a grant from the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau; corporate sponsorships provided by Farmers Alliance, Hospira, NCRA and NuStar Energy; and business sponsorship provided by Wallace Chevrolet.
bike ride and run are on live city streets with protected
intersections. Participants will be staged in heats based on 200-meter
swim time. Please be as accurate as possible when reporting times. Age
groups will be determined based on number of registrations. Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each division. The first place team will also receive recognition.
• Bikers must wear an approved helmet during the bike portion of the
• No headphones will be permitted during the race.
• Bikes must have
• No drafting will be permitted during the bike portion of
• All events will begin and end at the McPherson Water Park, 511 N. Lakeside Drive.
• The 200-meter swim includes a serpentine swim in the McPherson Water Park pool.
• Bikers will follow a 7-mile route on live streets starting east on Euclid, North on Maxwell, east on Northview until 17th Avenue and then retrace back through west Lakeside Drive.
• Runners will follow a 2-mile route on live streets starting west on Simpson, south on Hartup, east on Euclid, north on Charles, east on Simpson, north on Eshelman, west on Sharp and then loop southwest through west Lakeside Drive.
• Click here to upload map of race courses.
Content copyright . United Way of McPherson County. All rights reserved.